The meal I’m sharing today is definitely a treat. After having a couple of intense work days I felt like cooking something hearty. I had this idea for a curry in my head for a while and I just went for it. I am so glad I did because this curry came out so amazing. Hubby really loved it hehe!
What you’ll need:
One small golden onion (or any onion), chopped
One chicken breast
1 large zucchini
14 fl oz chickpeas
1 can of coconut milk
1 cup of water
Curry paste, I used Patak’s Tandoori Curry Paste
2 cloves of garlic
1 tsp cumin
pinch of salt
2 tbsp olive oil
1. cook the onion in the olive oil in the same pot you’re going to be cooking the curry until they’re soft.
2. While the onions are cooking cut up the chicken breast into small pieces. Also chop up the zucchini and tomato into cubes.
3. Once the onion is cooked put in the chicken and cook together for 5 minutes or until the pieces are white on the outside and pink inside. Do not fully cook the chicken.
4. Add in the curry paste, cumin and chopped garlic and mix well.
5. Pour in the coconut milk and a cup of water, mix well.
6. Now you can add in everything else, the zucchini, chickpeas, tomato and add a pinch of salt.
7. Mix everything together and bring to a boil.
8. Once the mixture is boiling, bring down the heat and let it simmer for about half an hour or until it’s creamy.
9. serve with naan or rice!
Let me know if you do try this 🙂