Last night I decided to make stuffed peppers. I love these, the taste of ground beef with peppers is just so good. Also I had a few bell peppers that would go bad otherwise so I had to use them. These are actually quiet easy to make, so let’s get to it.
What you’ll need:
Extra Lean Ground beef
4 bell peppers
1 cup lentils
2 tomatoes chopped in big pieces
2 tbsp tomato paste
1 small onion chopped
1 tbsp ground cumin
salt and pepper
1 tsp cinnamon
pinch of oregano
1. Cut the top of the bell peppers and clean out the seeds
2. bring a pot of water (enough to cover the peppers) to a boil. Put the bell peppers in standing, if they’re floating just push them in with a spoon. Let them cook for 15 mins.Remove and drain.
3. In a small pot cook the lentils in 2 cups of water and put aside.
4. Chop the onion and cook them in your oil of choice (I used coconut oil) until soft.
5. mix in the ground beef and cook until partially cooked.
6. mix in the tomato paste, cumin,cinnamon, salt and pepper and cook fully.
7. Turn the oven on and set it to 350 F.
8. once the ground meat is fully cooked add the tomatoes and one cup of water. Put the lid on the pan and turn the heat low and let the sauce simmer for about 10 minutes or until tomatoes are fully cooked.
9. Put the peppers standing into an oven safe dish. Fill them with the meat sauce. Put the left over meat sauce at the bottom of the dish. Sprinkle some oregano on top if you like.
10. You can put some shredded cheese on top as well if you like.
11. Cover the dish with foil and place in the oven for 20-30 minutes.
12. Take out and serve with some avocado or salad on the side. I also added some goat cheese on top 😉