It’s that time of the year again, graduation season.
Congratulations, you’ve worked really hard for the past few years so now it’s time to celebrate!
Having graduated university twice, (read my bio), I have had a bit of experience with what to wear, so I thought I would share some of my experience with you.
Back in winter, when I bought this dress, my first thought was ‘oh too bad I’m not graduating this year’; because to me this dress is just perfect for it!
Dress: Dorothy Perkins
Shoes: Just Fab| Last Seen Here
Bag: Coach| Last Seen Here
Earrings: Le Chateau
Here is my advice for graduation day:
1. Wear something light and comfortable. Sounds like common sense but this really makes all the difference. Chances are you’ll be wearing a heavy gown over your dress, helloooo heat!
2. Try not to wear anything too tight around the legs. Trust me, walking in line, up the stairs, onto the stage you want to be able to move your legs.
3. Don’t wear something you’ll have to adjust every second. Paparazzi (aka parents) will be all over them candid shots, so you’ll want to be relaxed and happy, not uncomfortable and frustrated!
4. Wedges over heels. I learned this lesson in my first graduation where we had to walk through the quad (read:mud and grass) and my heels kept getting stuck. Let’s just say that walk was awkward and I had to have my shoe unstuck from the mud by random strangers. Not fun. Also this will mean less chance of a trip and fall on the stage.
5. HAVE FUN!! You’ve earned this day. Enjoy it to the max!
What I wore to my graduations:
Graduation Day, 2009.
Graduation Day, 2013.
I hope this post was helpful. I don’t have a graduation so I’ll be wearing my Dorothy Perkins dress for a day date with my man 😉
Let me know what you think of the outfit in the comments!